Thursday, December 31, 2009

Random?

This morning I took the The Girl to the train. It was lovely to have her home for the past 2 weeks. She decorated the house and helped a lot with the Christmas stuff. It had snowed overnight, I suggested that we leave a little early, then we were early enough to stop for some extra caffeine and a bit of breakfast for The Girl.

What happened next was the most 'random' thing. I have been meaning visit my friend J. There were opportunities to see her but I hesitated each time coming up with some sort of excuse and then feeling guilty. As I got out of the car in the parking lot of the train station there was J. Random? We had a moment to speak to each other, I said all I could say to her we hugged and parted.

When 'opportunities' like this happen, are they truly random? Or is it part of some great plan, I wonder?

It's New Year's Eve, the end of 2009, for our family a year filled with great opportunities and adventure, mostly good things; but for others this was a year filled with tragedy and sorrow. I think of them often.

Twenty Ten sounds like a whole new beginning; a chance to start again with a blank page.
I hope your twenty ten brings all good things!

No comments: