Thursday, December 24, 2009

I'll be home for Christmas...

It's Christmas Eve, I am here at the shop thinking about all the things left to do! Fortunately I have a very understanding family. Tomorrow we will sleep in and be together just the 4 of us.

This past week has been hectic to say the least. We were down to one vehicle, with 4 drivers, all who had stuff to do. We opted one night to borrow Nana's wheels which meant a 'quick' moonlight walk for my husband and I. He remarked at the frosty temperature and I reminded him that only a little while ago he would have thought this as a great night for skating on the pond with the kids!


Christmas shopping for me became virtually impossible in the fact that I was never alone, except when I was at the shop. I have sent the youngest out to get 'refreshments' from Archibald's . I think it is completely wrong that both children are of 'legal' age.



Tonight I will be wrapping gifts of yarn and needles. (You would think that after 30 years of working in retail in one form or another that I would get this right.) Working on projects after Christmas has always been my best knitting opportunity.


This is beginning of my true Christmas Season; it will continue until I take the tree down on January 6th. I will listen to Christmas music, light candles to bring back the sun and spend time with family and eat and drink a little.



Thank you to all my new friends who come and visit me.
To all of you who took the time to send cards and notes, thank-you.

Merry Christmas.


(Christmas and New Year's hours are posted in the sidebar.)

No comments: