Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Water Water Everywhere!

I used to curse my front steps. They make my store a challenge for some of you to get inside. After Sunday night I love my two steps!





I came into town yesterday to do some errands and take out the garbage only to see a coating of ice on the sidewalk just outside my shop.


The water came gushing out of the sidewalk late Sunday night and the nice guys at the region repaired the main but left behind the ice. (Apparently it flowed for a couple of hours before they were able to get to it!) Fortunately the damage is only to the main and the sidewalk. No water damage in the stores or their basements.



The landlord sent some guys down to chip away at the ice, but it's a slow process. Today I will be out with my garden spade chipping away at what is left.



A few years ago the same thing happened to the main just outside my insurance agents and the water came gushing into the building, it was a mess!





This freezing weather takes its toll on anything that holds water. Barns were frozen and cattle didn't have water for a while, we have to run the dishwasher or do laundry late at night to be sure that our well doesn't freeze.


To get into the shop is only two little steps, we will work around this inconvenience. I would rather be chipping away at ice then sorting out wet yarn!






It's inventory time for Soper Creek Yarn, I will be back to counting stock. (My first summer Yarn arrived last week!)



1 comment:

Laura said...

Tina, I love your personal/shop blog! Love your perspective about Christmas and New Years. May this year be fruitful and rich with blessings.