Tuesday, May 19, 2015

You know 'that one'

There is a newborn pattern on Ravelry called Puerperium Cardigan.  It's not easy to pronounce so one of the of our local Midwives and I have renamed it: 'you know, that one'.

It's been on my list to knit for a while, as its cute, top down and one 100 gram skein of something lovely will make it.

Last week we received and order from our friends at Fleece Artist and in the box was a yarn called Merino 3/6; 100% superwash merino, knits to a slightly heavy DK.  It would be a nice Canadian replacement for Madelintosh tosh DK.  (We will still get that yarn, but its becoming more difficult to get and the currency exchange is making it more expensive.)

I began knitting the cardigan while watching 'Call the Midwife' and finished last night.  It came into the shop slightly damp from its little soak I gave just before going to bed. 

'The Boy' noted that I am willing to make sweaters for random unknown babies but never for my own children.  Knitting for a human 20 times the size of a newborn is just too much of a commitment at this time!



Hopefully it dries before I leave tonight so I can add the buttons and tie in the loose ends.

See you soon!

No comments: