Thursday, July 12, 2012

Alright, I give up!

Sometimes things just beat you.  No matter what you try you eventually have to do the right thing. 


It began with a lovely selection of patterns from Churchmouse Yarns & Teas.  I immediately began on a pattern called Annabella's Cowl.  The pattern calls for a Dk wieght yarn and a lace wieght 'fuzzy' yarn worked together.  The pattern also recommeds using a 5.5 mm 16" circular.  I dislike using those short circulars, they are hard on my hands and I actually knit slower with those than a set of 4 needles.   I thought magic loop would work (it is my new favourite thing), but the yarn is so soft and loose that the stitches would not slide over the transition point even on my addi turbo needles.  Then I tried the new Knitter's Pride Nova double pointed needles, slippery and light.  The fabric the knitting created just would not support the needles and it was like working with wet pasta. 

Finally I gave up and am working with the 16" circular, slowly.  (Knitting is not a race...)

Besides it's Cashmere, Alpaca and Cotton who cares how long I have to work on this!

Also in this order the Linen Stitch Pattern is back. ( I am working on one of those too!) A great 'travelling'  project.


A reminder that Soper Creek Yarn is closed next week!  That means 5 days of not coming to the shop, what will I do?

See you soon.

No comments: