Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Four Hours!

Four Hours of Beading!
Remember the Ugly Lace thing 'frogged' a couple of weeks ago. I decided to make 'Shetland Triangle Shawl' instead. I wanted a big shawl but the more I knit the more I had to 'make' myself knit. This past week I forced myself to only work on this project, no other knitting was allowed. Not that it was difficult or boring, just that its beige and the needles were tiny. It took 20 minutes to do a row near the end. I could have quit after any of the pattern repeats but I wanted to use up as much of the yarn as I could and I knew that if I didn't make it big enough I would regret the decision to 'wimp' out and finish before I was truly happy.
Sunday I decided it needed beads, but because it was getting larger, one row was not going to be enough. 168 beads and 4 hours later I finished the shawl Monday afternoon. Blocked it before supper and unpinned this morning.(Click on the picture to make them bigger)


It's lovely and drapey and the pictures do not do it justice.




I think I am through my 'shawl' phase.
See you soon.

2 comments:

Paula said...

beautiful! I love making shawls/scarves. The lacier the better :)

ellen skinner said...

WOW! I am impressed - i'm so behind on my knitting, i'm starting to love shawls knit on 10mm needles with chunky wool!