Thursday, July 8, 2010

BLT

Big Lace Thing!
I have been working on this for just over a month, which is really quite fast for the size of this project. It began as a way of using up some of the stray skeins of Berroco's Vintage wool. Hemlock Ring is an old lace doily pattern reborn as a smallish throw or baby blanket. Once you have finished fighting with the centre section the rest is really very simple, 4 rows of knitting around and around and then one row of endless counting yo's and ktog or ssk. I stopped at just after the small version...I was running out of yarn. The border takes a huge amount of yarn but it's worth doing.
Many on Ravelry have made this, usually out of even thicker yarn. Next time I would choose 100% natural fibres, blocks much easier. (Used a little steam persuasion, not always recommended with yarn that contains nylon and acrylic.)
This weekend I think we may watch a little sports game happening in South Africa.

Having Internet access to the shop meant I could watch the game on Tuesday! Very exciting. Also fun to watch the local Dutch Community 'whooping' it up outside just after the game.
Hup Holland Hup!
I think I might knit something orange!
Keep cool!

No comments: