Thursday, July 15, 2010

ULT

Ugly Lace Thing!


After finishing the BLT (Big Lace Thing) I started another Circular Shawl. If Elizabeth Zimmerman was alive she would have celebrated being 100 this year. In honour of her Birthday I thought I should knit her famous Pi Shawl. Instead of doing it as she had made it, I was making it like she would have wanted us to do, by choosing our own lace sections. I was working away at it, but not really liking the results. I plodded along getting up to 288 stitches in the round, still not happy. I got to the increase where I had 576 stitches and knit 4 rounds, new lace design but I just didn't feel right about the whole project.
Then after seeing Gwen's VBLT (very big lace thing) I had to rip it back and start with another design. The yarn is Classic Elite's Silky Alpaca Lace, lovely Yarn, but for something else.I started a triangle shawl last night.

Today a lovely box of Misti Alpaca arrived. Just what I needed more insulation!
Trying to stay cool.

No comments: