Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Way Back Wednesday!


This pattern was one of the most popular patterns in the late 70's and early 80's.  I sometimes think that it alone has given me a slight aversion to the 'feather and fan' or ripple design.  It's a shame really as the pattern is quite simple and done correctly can achieve a complicated design without much effort.

We sold a lot of that particular colour combination, 3 balls of 3 of the colours and 4 of the main colour. Back then, now I am sounding old, we hold some of the yarn in brown paper bags in the storage space in the basement. Every week customers would come and pick up what they needed or could afford that week. Every once in a while one of the staff would take on the job of spending the day sorting through the bags, putting yarn back into stock if it was past the 60 day time limit.  It surprised a few when they came back to finish their project that the yarn was put back out and they realize that they had been working on something for over a year! 

I wonder how many of those afghans are still around?

See you Soon!

Just a quick reminder that the shop is closed Tuesday June 30th and Wednesday July 1st!

2 comments:

Marie said...

I like the "Way Back Wednesday", Tina. I have some old patterns too and the styles and hairstyles always give me a giggle. They make me think of different members of my family (and myself) over the years. Thanks for sharing!

Andrea said...

My grandma K crocheted that blanket and my mom still has it!