Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Way back Wednesday!


Many of you know that I have been knitting for a very long time. When I was just out of highschool I began working in the shop just up the street from Soper Creek Yarn.  Rickaby's was a family owned small town department store. It carried a vast array of products: China dinnerware, figurines, business supplies, kitchenware and yarn.  Although I worked in just about every department, near the end of my career there you would find me mostly in the 'wool' department.  It was a busy place and I loved working and helping customers.  

Over the years my collection of patterns has grown and I have a bit of fondness for some of the more vintage patterns. I don't really plan on making any of them I just like the designs and history.

I may be breaking some copyright rules but every Wednesday I will try to post a couple of pictures of some that have made me smile, or perhaps even made.

These three just remind me of how bizarre some of the fashions were in the 70's!

Imagine trying to knit flared pants!


Or hot pants!


The Poodle sweater, to match the Poodle skirt?

That's just the start!

See you Soon!


No comments: