Friday, October 5, 2012

October



October is a special month here at Soper Creek Yarn.  Four years ago I was walking through this space trying to decide whether I really wanted to take a giant leap and open my own Yarn Shop.  I blogged about it last year.  The time has flown by so quickly!  The shop has exploded into more than I could imagine.  I am stocking yarns I never knew existed and I have learned so much, from everyone!  Thank-you!

My friend Karen mentioned this morning that her business is Celebrating its 18th Anniversary!.  We have become great friends and I worked for her for many years as a contract sewer.  If you have never been to her shop, drop in, its lovely.

Bowmanville has some great shops and one of our favourite events happens next weekend.  Bowmanville's Apple Festival happens next Saturday:



apple-festival

We will try to celebrate 'Applefest' a day early, for those of you who can't make it down on Saturday.  Friday we will, for the first time, have some of the shop samples available for sale, and the clearance yarn will be available that day as well.  (Just hope for good weather!)

It is Thanksgiving weekend a time for celebrating all that we have! 

Thank-you!

No comments: