Friday, November 25, 2011

November...really?


November is just about done?

I am certainly behind in knitting updates.

A thank-you to Sally for providing me with the perfect sweater for the 'What a Girl Wants" window. (Those who know me know that I don't do pink very well.) The Sweater was to be her winter knitting project, it took her just over a week! She used Big Bamboo from Sirdar, she loved the yarn so much she made 2 hats with the same yarn.

Do to Camera issues, (it was 'lost' for about a week) I couldn't show you
my new favourite thing:
Crochet! (not really new..just renewed interest.)

This lovely yarn from Katia arrived late October and after looking a the web site for inspiration.
I knew exactly what to do!
Making this scarf took me back to high school, which was a very long time ago.
As usual sometimes the simplest projects make the biggest impressions. The whole scarf took just under 4 balls using a 3.5mm crochet hook. ( FYI this is pretty much the extent of my Crochet knowledge..the basic granny square and double crochet shells!)

Speaking of making big impressions. To Those of you who have been making scarves using the Ruffle yarns:

The Yarn is becoming a little less available and we are doing our best in keeping up with the demand. At one point this week one yarn is completely out of stock in Italy..where they make it.

I will post when more arrives. Today we received one colour in Moda Lame. There is another shipment of Frill Seeker due the first week in December.

Hope that gives you inspiration..
See you Soon.

No comments: