Monday, December 27, 2010

New Year!

This week ends my second full fiscal year! What a great adventure this has been.

Two years ago when I opened the shop I had to choose an accounting software program to 'do the books'; problem was the only one I really liked was no longer available in Canada. I settled for something, it never pays to settle. This year the software became available and I was happy. I downloaded the program and began using it again for 'The Farmer's" accounts. I had been using version 9 and the new one is version 19! It upgraded to the new version with just one click!

The shop accounts are a completely different program and the accountant suggested that it would be easier to transfer the information for the shop at the end of the year. Today we started, the task is a huge one in that everything has to be transferred manually, the two competing programs won't talk to each other.

We are taking stock, adding it to the inventory and then trying to figure out how to get the customer names and information to transfer over without re-typing all the information.

My New Years wish is to be able to spend more time knitting and less on accounting, but that won't happen soon.

The shop is open 12 - 4 pm Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Friday 10 am - 3pm.

See You Soon

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Congrats on two years. I love having your store in town!

ellen skinner said...

Happy New Year to my 2nd favourite wool shop!
Hope your holiday season was great.

Soper Creek Yarn said...

From your 2nd Favorite to my 2nd favorite only Good Things for 2011!