Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Startitis

This past weekend I was infected by a serious case of 'startitis' . I brought home a couple of yarns, some I have been waiting to try. What started as a bag made with some of the Mango Moon yarn that's been calling me is now going to be a top using Creative Focus Linen as a contrast. The bag is now being made using a skein of Berroco's Weekend Cotton and Acrylic blend. There is a ball of 100% angora that needs a sample. (Think retro baby hat) Then there is the shawl/scarf I started out of the new Manos Serena.

The Mango Moon recycled viscose is an interesting yarn that I have ripped back 3 times, once because instead of a bag, I was going to try and make a shawl, but it wasn't working for me. Then I thought I could make a summery tank, using the linen contrast yarn as some of the stripes. I measured the gauge did the math multiplied by the finished measurement and then added a 'few' to be sure, only then to rip it back and take out the 'few'.
Last night I worked away at this, I think I am happy with the results, only thing..need more yarn!
A box of stuff just arrived, I think I am going to like this!
See you soon!

No comments: