Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Serena

Serena is a new yarn from the Manos collection, made with Baby Alpaca and pima cotton. Soft drapey and smooth to knit. I chose a little scarf pattern that has the edging knit along the side edge as you go. (Pimpelliese from Ravelry) Great pattern, because I was using 2 different colours keeping track of the pattern was very easy.
I weighed the balls of yarn and when I got close to being half way I started the decreases to finish the shawl.

I love how the lace edge curves around the neck.
Fun knit, garter stitch, my favourite.
You want to know about the pile of mulch? I worked away at it, despite the fact that the wheelbarrow had a flat tire, I have managed to move about 1/3 of the pile. A recycling box holds about 3 cubic feet. Lots of trips back and forth, great workout!
I wish I could say that I have finished 1/3 of my projects.

I have come to the shop to recover!

No comments: