Sunday, September 13, 2009

My new favourite thing!
















I have been working on the 'Ruffles and Ridges' shawl by Fiber Trends. Instructions read: ...loosely cast on 1095 stitches...yikes. (First tip, if you use long tail cast on, use 2 skeins to cast on the stitches, one for the tail, one for the cast on.)

I made my first one of these out of Marble Chunky, it required 2 of the big 200 gram balls. This version is made from Mirasol Chirapa, it will take 4 of the 50 gram skeins to finish the large version, which will actually be smaller than the previous small version. Lots more knitting but a better quality shawl for not much more money.


















This aging brain, or midlife fuzzy brain, was just not handling the endless stitch counting until I broke open a package of these:



















Fortunately I have an amazing stock of all kinds of stitch markers right now. I kept ordering them from various suppliers only to have them back ordered again and again. Then they all came. I have every kind you can imagine. You can use all kinds of things to mark the stitches, thread, pins and the fancy jewellery ones. Just give in and use them, takes away a lot of the frustration!


Mark every 50 stitches and counting is way simpler...sometimes its the little things in life that make all the difference.

No comments: