Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The Adventures of the Travelling Sock Yarn Display

Finally! After a week of waiting box 18 of 18 arrived. Last week's shipment of yarn was to contain a display rack for the Regia sock yarn I ordered (back in October...we won't discuss this). The driver carefully checked his special delivery truckload only to discover he was missing box 18 of 18. 'It should come the next day' he said. So I waited, then I called the 'Marie' she said she would put a trace on it. Then the courier called to be sure that I was missing the parcel, they put a trace on it. (The box was 6 feet long and weighs 55 pounds, it can't just disappear!)

I waited, finally Monday 5 days later I phoned, yes they found the package. Should arrive at your store this afternoon. The store is closed Monday's but I went in and waited. No parcel, phoned again. "No it wasn't being shipped to you it was arriving at the distribution centre from the warehouse..you will get it tomorrow!" Tuesday came and went, no parcel. I phoned Marie she called the courier, they said I refused it at 1:18 when they delivered it to Concord, Ontario...an hour from here.

Finally today it arrived, the box looks as though its travelled across the country.

The instructions are in German.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ah, the trials and tribulations of small business.

Your post made me laugh, Pet, but I'm glad the display is finally there. Can't wait to see the sock-y goodness on it's merry-go-round!