It took most of Sunday to pack up and head out, with all my knitting with in arms reach in the truck we left the Farm! I was so inspired with working with the yarn I pulled out the needles and began right away. By the time we reached our destination I was well into the project.
I had only taken 2 balls with me hoping it would finish the project but I needed a full ball and about 20 yards of the fourth! Mostly because I decided to attatch the handles right onto the bag, instead of making an I-cord strand to attatch later.
I threw it into the washing machine, front loader, quick wash, medium speed, hot water. It went through the cycle twice. It may have needed a bit more felting but I didn't want to risk over doing it the machine and was not prepared to finish it by hand.
I think it turned out pretty well. It's a pattern I developed using various elements in other felted bag projects available on line.
It was so much fun! I am making another with the leftover yarn from the sale bin. Just to make a few notes and develop the pattern.