Friday, July 3, 2015

BFL Love!

When you own a Yarn Shop it's hard to play favourites! There so many beautiful fibres and yarns.  Then there is the whole colour thing! Companies like Koigu, Madelinetosh, Sweetgeorgia and Fleece Artist do colours so well! It's hard to have a single favourite.

This weeks favourite yarn is BFL 2/8 from Fleece Artist. I have used this before in a shawl I made last summer.  There were a few skeins of a rather dull looking colour way that just needed a sample to show off its true beauty?  Pursuing Ravelry I found a pattern actually designed for the yarn.



Mairi has and interesting construction as you actually begin the shawl by making the border first and then pick up the stitches along the edge and knit the body of the shawl last, decreasing until only 5 stitches remain.  

I have to admit the lace pattern completely stumped me sometimes, it got to the point that I threw a lifeline in at the end of every repeat. It's not that it was difficult. It's just that because the lace is all garter stitch it was hard to read the design, following the written instructions exactly was important.  I am not good at keeping notes, a pencil and paper, a row counter one of those clicky counter things could be a great help. Many times I would begin the pattern determined to remember which row that I just finished only to be distracted and loose my place, but I persevered and once the border was complete the shawl was a pretty quick knit!


It's lovely and squishy and super soft!  I know just who will make good use of this once I decide that it's time in the shop is finished!




It took just about the whole skein of yarn almost 500 meters and at $24 for the skein an affordable luxury!

See you Soon!

No comments: