Wednesday, April 22, 2015

A Little Knitting

Imagine: It's Saturday and it was a busy week,  I need something new to knit. It has to be quick, with a yarn in the shop that's new or hasn't been featured.

 There's that little sweater pattern that became a tiny vest last summer?


(Zarina Print 100% Superwash Merino, 1 ball made the 6 months size. The pattern is Abernathy Cardigan)  (It' s an in store purchase pattern through Ravelry, we can arrange to purchase it for you?)


That would work, especially out of the new cotton from Wendy.  One ball would be enough to make another vest?
 

I couldn't wait until I got home to start so I cast on right away.  Planning to do the 6 months size I  knit the first few rows, then I quickly realized I totally messed up already as the number of stitches was off by 10! Fortunately the number was the correct amount for the newborn size. Instead of doing the vest version again I had enough yarn to do the cardigan as written.


It seemed appropriate that it was finished while watching 'Call the Midwife' .

It's tiny, the yarn knit nicely. I must admit it's not super soft, but would make a lovely summer cardigan for adults or children.

It's not often that I repeat making a pattern but this is such a nice easy design, suitable for anyone tiny!

Happy Knitting!

Coming up for May: 

Maplefest happens on May 2nd, that means the sale buckets will be refilled.  As usual we put them by Friday May 1st.    

See you Soon!




No comments: