Monday, January 27, 2014

The more things change the more they stay the same!

It's been almost 30 years since I went to a Gift Show and when I arrived yesterday it was like travelling back in time! It was exactly like I left it!

The entrance into the building  was basically the same.  The big vendors from 1985 were still there, and much of the inventory really hasn't changed!  It has grown in size to two huge locations.

After clearing the registration area it was time to look.  Why would a Yarn shop need to shop at the Gift Show? I am not sure either.  I was really looking for items that would spark some creative juices and make great gifts!  

There were some great new canvas bags for projects, Canadian made pottery yarn bowls, and items made with recycled fabrics!  

It was a good day, I came home exhausted!

I can hardly wait to show you the new things when they arrive, some will come soon but most will arrive later in the summer!

See you soon!


No comments: