Sunday, October 20, 2013

Mashed potatoes

Today is Sunday and a day after Bowmanville's Apple festival and craft sale.  Despite the weather, yes it rained most of the day, we had a very busy day.  At the end of the day I was exhausted and was looking forward to a quiet weekend at home.    The problem I had was that I really wanted to knit, knit something easy, something new something that was like comfort food when you are not feeling well.  My body was exhausted but my brain was still busy with all the day's events.  

I needed to make something that was like a bowl of mashed potatoes when you are in need of some comfort food.

What did I choose? Socks, plain old 4 needle, top down socks! Not magic loop, not two at a time and not certainly not toe up! Something I have made many times! I chose pretty sock yarn that for some reason reminds me of my Maternal Grandmother.  

The pattern is my favourite written by the 'Yarn Harlot', I have made more than a dozen pairs using her well written recipe.

I also had a rather large helping of mashed potatoes for supper last night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Making socks is the best form of therapy:)