Thursday, June 23, 2016

Odora KAL

I am learning to play with others!  I am a solitary knitter, I chose projects that appeal to me and sometimes they are obscure and few like them and others are some of the most popular on Ravelry.

The Doodler by Stephen West was the most popular pattern in 2016 followed closely by Baable hat. I made both, not realizing I was part of the big trend.  

In February I joined the Mystery knit a long by Alana Dakos. It was a big project and had I seen the final result I think I would have not attempted it, but I am glad I did. It was the first time I invited others to join me in the challenge, we had a small group working on the project. It was fun to see the finished projects.

During the month of May I joined the Berroco KAL, mostly because we have the yarn in stock and the project was a big garter stitch wrap!  It would make a good shop sample!  

I finished on schedule and was quite happy with the results.



The Berroco company is known for its unique designs and quality yarn. I would love to fill the shop with it but the price point is higher than most and I am faced with the ever changing Canadian dollar.  I choose the gems and Folio is by far my favourite in their current selection!

Some of you are working on the little buttons cardigan as a way to learn top down knitting. We hope to be able to show you how everyone enterprets the pattern differently.

What else could we knit together?

See you soon!


No comments: