Monday, February 22, 2016

Taking time?

This past week things became clear to me.  I discovered that I cannot possibly continue the schedule I had created for myself.  Even though the shop is actually only open 35 - 38 hours per week. It doesn't count the time I spend working for the shop.

The staff (Helen and Mary) can only come at certain times and juggling all the tasks that need to get done in a day sometimes means they have to be done after the shop is closed or from home (like writing the blog on Sunday afternoon!)

This week things kind of fell apart as we tried to fit everything in and  then we face the fact that 'The Farmer' faces shoulder surgery soon!  

It took a couple of days to figure out and a few conversations with others and so this is the new plan:

1. We are 'suspending' the Wednesday evening Knit nights and clinics, but are staying open later on Thursday nights.  The sign will say 6 pm, but I can stay until 6:45. 
2. There will be a knitting clinic from 5 pm - 6 pm on Thursday's ($10.00 for the first 1/2 hour, $20 for the hour!).  The maximum we can accomadated is 3 students.
3. We may attempt a daytime knitting clinic as summer approaches!

This actually means that the shop is open more hours than before? 

Soper Creek Yarn is an important part of my life, I love the people I meet and the fact that I can be inspired and work with the materials I love.  I will work hard to keep this place a positive peaceful place where we can come and share our crafts!

We have gone from a small shop with basic supplies to a shop filled with all kinds of surprises!  As the inventory expands so does our knowledge!  

March will feature more felting ideas.  There is a demonstration day on March 5th for needle felting.  We have 2 workshops that day and they filled up very quickly.  Come and watch Rosemary demonstrate how easy it is to create items with a vey sharp needles and bits of wool!


Oh yes! For the next week the clearance sale continues, but it all gets put away on March 1st!  As the buckets get smaller so do the prices! 

See you soon!





No comments: