Thursday, November 15, 2012

Sweaters 1,2...3?

There have been a few projects in my knitting bag(s).  It was time to round them up and get them done.
Sweater #1: I started sometime in the summer.  A new yarn made it's way into the shop and it soon became a favourite of many customers.  Malabrigo Arroyo is a DK weight superwash, hand dyed, merino (sigh..)! It was a delight to knit, even if I had to use 2 balls at the same time to keep the colours blending well throughout the sweater.  The sweater is a 'Knitting pure and simple' pattern, top down, no seams and custom fit and it does. The clasp is new to the shop from JUL designs.





Sweater # 2:


I began this shortly after  a Baby Boy was born.  The shop is filled with lovely baby samples that could have easily worked as a quick baby gift, but none suited this baby.  I chose another favourite yarn; Liberty wool from Classic Elite.  Washable wool with great long runs of colour.

 I started when we moved The Boy back to school. I didn't like the way the colours were 'pooling'  so it was 'frogged'.  I began again with the same yarn opting to alternate 2 balls to give the sweater a striped effect, again the colours pooled.  The light turquoise and almost mustard colour became too strong for a sweater for a tiny baby.  I frogged again. I was about to give up when 'The Boy' suggested I take out the offending colours.  (I don't like to do that as I think that the designers of the yarn 'know' colours.)

I pulled out all the light turquoise and yellow!  Made a short sleeved version as I was now short of yarn.  I think it is perfect!




Sweater # 3:

Let's just say it needs some work?


Don't forget Santa comes to Bowmanville on Saturday, the Parade starts at 10:30 and finishes at about noon.

See you Soon!

No comments: