Sunday, April 15, 2012

A Happy Accident

It all started on a trip into a yarn warehouse.  Going down an aisle on the way out I spotted what I thought was Malibrigo sock yarn.  (It was very hard to find) The colour was too yummy to resist. Once unpacked I realized that it wasn't sock yarn but a 'newish' dk/worsted weight yarn called  'Arroyo'.  The package of 5 contained 4 skeins of one colour and one lonely skein of another.  A lovely customer quickly snapped up the 4 skeins and that left me with the one lonely skein.   I just couldn't leave it all by itself, it needed to be knit into something lovely.
 Last weekend I knit Barb's Koigu Ruffle scarf from Churchmouse patterns.  There was a tiny ball left.  The same company has baby bootie pattern.  Thinking that I really only need to make one as a sample I happily made one for the shop on Saturday.
 I weighed the bootie and the left over yarn and took a chance.  Today I finished the second.
 There are 2 tiny bits of yarn left over.
This week 3 colours of Arroyo arrived into the shop.  I am starting a sweater.

When I was entering my project on the Ravelry pages I wondered if it was possible to rate the yarn a 6 out of 5!  (Machine washable, hand dyed Merino with a lovely ply!)  Washes well, beautiful colours and will wear nicely!

See You Tuesday!

No comments: