Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Way too much fun!

I am still recovering from last Thursday! First my friend Kathy came in a wanted to pick up some yarn for a scarf, that turned into a quick lesson on how to make cables. She was nicely knitting and we were catching up. Then Sue showed up. Well, the two of them were like old friends chatting and laughing for the next couple of hours. We had a lovely afternoon with the impromptu sit and knit!

This is my lesson on learning cables:

Find this pattern: Irish Hiking Scarf , find yarn and needles. Kathy chose some Sirdar Baby Bamboo in bright red.

I handed her the pattern and appropriate needles and say:
"Okay now just do what it says!"

She proceeds to knit, a quick lesson on how to 'read your knitting', a little more knitting. "I am up to row 8 now what?"

Hand her a cable needle and I say: "Do what it says!"

She completes row 8, "That's it, that's all there is to a cable?" she questions.

"Yup, that's it!" I respond, "Aren't I just the best teacher!"

She proceeds to do 2 more cable rows.


We felt is was worth the goofy picture, she is way less animated in real life! (not really)
Kathy left to pick up her child and do mom stuff and Sue decided it was time she went back to the real world.
Later a gentleman came into the shop and wanted a needle and thread to repair his golf bag. I suggested that he go up to the fabric shop and they could help him, as he is leaving he says: "This is the first time I've been in a yarn shop."
My reply: "It's not too scarey?"
"Nope, kinda nice!" and he leaves.


Thursdays have now become a drop in Sock class, 1pm to 3 ish. Right now just a basic top down sock, basic heel flap. (because that's all I do, right now.)

If you would like to join us on Thursday afternoons contact the shop. ($5.00 a session plus materials purchased at Soper Creek Yarn)

No comments: